Saturday, August 21, 2004

The past 3 weeks have been somewhat hellish....

Week one... Started OK. Half the team was on vacation. I had some stuff to work on. I inherited some stuff from a couple of people before they left. Of course I was also left with team leader duties....

Of course, as soon as the last vacationer left, all hell breaks loose. Escalations and urgent issues out the wazoo! Week one produced about 55hrs of work in time reporting. :-p I barely had time to recover that weekend.

Week two... faired no better... Emails flying left and right about more urgent issues and other things. I was juggling the jobs of at least 3 people. Another 50+hr week.

Week three is better. A couple of people are back from holiday. Some semblance of sanity has returned. Team leader still on vacation which means I still have to deal with the crap issues. :-p At least I *KNOW* what I am talking about or dealing with. But I won't go there. ;-) Never know who's reading this!

Anyway, I hope to take a few days off this week just to breathe. But it's so hard to take days off in case something turns up and a bad decision is made.... Oh well...

<^_^>

No comments: