Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Sucks getting old!

Okay, quick catch up time...

Jum is doing fine since she had her teeth cleaned. She'll be on canned for a little while yet. She doesn't seem to mind. BS on the other hand is Mr. Hoover in cleaning up the bits that Jum leaves behind. BS is just absolutely besides himself waiting to be let into the room for his cleanup duty. Silly cat.

The weekend was alright. Nothing too terribly exciting. I took it easy on saturday but I did get a pair of pants altered (shortened them a little) and did a little bit of shopping at the mall. Well, I did come away with a PSP game and a pair of trainers. I know. Did I *really* need them? Maybe, maybe not. I did it anyway.

Sunday, I did the Hash thing. The sun was out and the weather seemed mild, so I might as well go out and get some fresh air. It wasn't bad. I got to see some of the other hashers as well. It was all good.

Yesterday I decided that I would start taking my bike to work. It was sunny but a little bit chilly in the morning, but overall, not a bad ride. The ride home, however, was another story. I encountered a bit of a headwind, so that made for a tougher ride. My legs were a bit sore and tired.

Today, I rode to work again. Going wasn't so bad. My muscles were still a little sore from yesterday. I think it took me close to 20 minutes to ride to work. Boy! I must be out of shape! On the ride home, more headwind. By the time I got home this evening, my legs were pretty tired and my lower back was a little sore. Oy! Either I am really out of shape, or I'm just getting old! :-p Either way, it sucks!

Tomorrow, depending on how the ol' body feels in the morning, I'll decide if I want to ride in again or not. If not, maybe I'll head off to Dieu du Ciel with the other guys after work. :)

Anyhow, aside from the rather mundane day-to-day stuff, not a heck of a whole lot that's exciting has been happening. I'm just counting down the days to when I take off to Italy. 5 more days to go!!! I just got an email about the cooking course I'll be taking on the 16th. I mapped out the place I have to go to. I'm looking forward to it. The theme for this particular cooking course is the Sicilian Kitchen. :-)

Well, I think I'll just go veg on the couch and give my back a break...

No comments: