Thursday, May 03, 2007

Jum goes to the dentist

Well, not really, but close!
Jum
I noticed that Jum was having trouble with the dry food again. I suspect that she had a bit of tartar buildup. She was flinching and running away whenever I touched around her mouth. I suspect that there might have been some redness there.

Anyway, I took her to the vet on Friday. Yup. There's some inflamation around her gums. The vet prescribed some antibiotics for her to take. I made an appointment to bring her in for the cleaning and possible extractions. I also got a few cans of catfood for her to eat since the dry kibble was giving her problems.

On Sunday, I tried to give Jum one of the antibiotics. I had the pillpopper doohicky to use for this. I got a hold of Jum, but when I tried to open her mouth, well.. Needless to say, because of the pain she flailed and knocked my hand with the pillpopper with promptly flung the tiny little Baytril to parts unknown (somewhere in the livingroom). Well, I figure that wasn't going to work! So I tried the crushed pill mixed in with food method. Nope, she wouldn't have any of it. I tried 2 batches of catfood to try to get her to eat it. Nope. She wouldn't touch it. So Monday morning I called the vet. He suggested maybe mixing a little bit of liquid from a can of tuna to mask the pill. So that evening, I did just that. I added a little bit of the liquid I drained from a can of tuna (which became tuna salad and dinner) to the catfood. She ate it all UP! Yay! Problem solved.

Anyway, I've had a pretty, long, unproductive day today. Nothing seemed to work and they still don't. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. Maybe something will magically fix itself tomorrow. Maybe?

No comments: