Monday, April 28, 2008

Egad!

Wow! Has it been almost 3 weeks since I last posted something here? Yeesh! Time certainly flew! Then again, I have been in the throes of unpacking and getting things in order around the house.

Some "highlights"...

The leather sectional I bought from Ikea was delivered on the 15th. However, after the delivery guys unwrapped, put it together and left, I noticed what looked like a blown-out seam on the back of the right side of the sectional. It's as if something had impacted that part of the sectional. A friend of mine who saw the damage also made note that the frame of the couch seems to be impacted along that line as well. So I called Ikea, described the damage and was given 2 options: 1) take pictures and get discount based on damage seen in pictures, or 2) get a replacement.

At first I thought about the discount, but decided that in the end that would be more trouble than it was worth and went for the replacement. The replacement was delivered on Friday. No damage on this replacement.

Other than that, it's been nothing but unpacking and putting stuff away. there are still some things not unpacked yet. It was kind of decided for me that the Mac Pro be situated in the mezzanine. As my friend mentioned, it would be like my own private space. It's actually rather nice and cozy up there now. I have the other leather couch up there. I've got the bulk of the bookcases up there plus the smaller LCD TV and cable box. The older Poang chair and Sumo beanbag are there too. It's indeed very cozy up there. On Friday, I had a couple of friends over for dinner and some TV/movie. Afterwards, we went up there to chill and stuff. It was quite comfy!

There will be a need to get some painting done. I myself haven't had time to do it. A friend of mine has said that she'd help choose the colors and paint for me. So far, it was suggested that in the living room, an accent color would be put on the stair side of the room. All of the bedrooms will need to be repainted for sure. The mezzanine will also be repainted. My friend suggested painting some flowers on the side of the wall that meets the stairwell. I think the whole painting thing will take a while, but I'm not in a big rush.

Over the weekend, I picked up a few things for the yard. I got a rake, a hedge trimmer and this ecological lawn care kit. Since it was nice and sunny yesterday afternoon, I decided to clean up some of the debris in the backyard and rake up the loose bits. Hopefully this will encourage some grass to start growing. I will have to look at the booklet for the lawn care kit to see what I will need to do next. The next couple of days will be very wet with rain, so I don't think I will be able to do much in the meantime.

I haven't done anything with the front of the house yet. I might do a little bit of cleanup next weekend if the weather is good.

Other than that, I am slowly settling into a routine in the new place. The cats seem to have gotten accustomed to their new surroundings. I think they have explored all of the rooms. I'm sure they will find their favorite spots to nap.

Anyway, I should be back on some regular schedule soon. In other words, I should be updating the blog more frequently. :)

No comments: