Monday, January 27, 2003


Yeah, it's been a while since I last wrote something of any significance here. Either I've been too lazy, too tired, or just haven't thought about it. Take your pick. Today, I figure I should write something. Yes, I do feel guilty for not making an entry here even though I suspect that very few people read this. :)

Anyway, it's been colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra around here as of late! BRRR!!! We had a "break" in the cold weather this past weekend when the temperature actually got about -10C!! Yes! I was starting to consider that virtually tropical after we went through -40C windchills last week!

Anyway, we didn't come out of that short deep-freeze unscathed! Some of our water pipes froze as a result. :-p Thank goodness nothing burst! That would have been messy and expensive! In any case, after a little over 24 hours after discovering that we were without hot water, we managed, with minimum of destruction, to regain the use of hot water!! Yipeee!!!

Latest news? I'll be off to Dallas for a month for work. Well, not so much work but for a transfer of knowledge. From the Customs/Immigration point of view, I'm there to learn. And this is true. I don't know how they do their stuff, so that's why I'm heading down there to learn all about it. A month living out of a hotel room. At least I won't be alone down there. Some colleagues are aleady down there learning other bits and pieces of stuff.

Anyway... must think about food!!! YUM!! :)

No comments: