Sunday, February 09, 2003


Well, I've managed to survive my first weekend here in Texas, more or less. Saturday, I went over to the Dallas Galleria. It's a pretty big mall with some swanky stores. As its main attraction, there is even an ice skating rink. Overall, I found the mall to be fairly average. I mean, you have your usual mall stores like the Gap, Victoria's Secret, The Body Shop, just to name a few. That's why I found it average.

At some point I stopped to grab a bite to eat at Subway. I took a seat at a table that overlooked the skating rink. I found it rather amusing to see so many Texans trying to skate. I could see that there are some kids who are taking lessons and are serious about figure skating. Then you have the bunch of kids who obviously have not skated much and are more or less shuffling their way around the rink. I have not skated in years, so I'm sure I'd take a few spills if I got out onto the ice again.

So, what did I do for a few hours at the mall? Let's see... I got myself a sweater that was on sale at the Gap. I found some Richard Feynman books at the one bookstore there. I picked up one CD. A set of small headphones. A small Dilbert Calendar. Sudafed. A present for my sweetie (which I will not describe here).

Today, I mainly vegged. Did a load of wash so I had some clean cloths. Read some. Napped. Watched some TV. Chatted with people online. Really not a heck of a whole lot. Did not bother to have the room picked up, which was OK by me. Not like I'm a big slob or anything. :-)

Anyway... I think that's all there is worth noting...

No comments: