Tuesday, January 11, 2005

OK, so it's been a while since I last posted. Maybe I just don't have much to say? Who am I kidding. I've just been a bit lazy about blogging.

Well, the holiday season has come and gone. I think most people are still recovering from the binging and indulging during this period. Some might still be regretting it all. Other folks might be anxious about their next credit card bills. Me? I think I behaved for the most part, stomach and wallet-wise.

Over the weekend, we went to do some cross-country skiing since the temps were mild (-3C) and it wasn't windy. So off we went to Cap-St-Jacques nature park. The parking price went up to $5 from $4. We strapped on the skis and away we went. Since we didn't get to ski at all last year I was a bit rusty. I had to re-learn how to herringbone up the slopes. Coming down the slopes was still tricky. Never realized just how difficult to steer in these things! On one downhill slope, I was headed towards some low-lying shrubs. Not want to crash to deep into the shrubbery, I wrapped an arm around a signpost to stop myself. Needless to say this is not recommended! Thankfully, I did not pull my arm out of its socket.

By the end of it all (I think we covered 6-8km), I was pretty pooped! I was sore and stiff for the next couple of days. I feel alright today. Hoo boy! That was quite the workout. I think I will make more of an effort to do more x-country skiing. :-)

No comments: