Saturday, January 22, 2005

Well, all lodging has been booked finally for the trip. Almost had a panic attack when our first choice Tour Club in Kyoto was all booked up! We did manage to get 4 nights at their sister place, Budget Inn and booked the remaining 8 nights at the Crossroads Inn. The inn is a little further removed from Kyoto Station but I don't think that will kill us.

The Japan Rail Pass vouchers have been purchased and received. We decided on getting both the 21-day and 7-day passes to cover the entire trip. I think by the end of it all we should either break even or come out ahead as far as train fare is concerned.

So what's left to do? I guess we could put together a list of things we want to see or do. Make sure we've got activities to cover both sunny and rain days. One thing for sure, rain or shine, we have that nice hike on the Naaksendo Highway between Magome and Tsumago! PLEASE let there be nice spring weather! O:-)

In other news.... It's been f* cold here all week! Friday was probably the coldest day of the week. I guess it's been too cold for the weather thingy on the right to show anything useful. On top of that I couldn't start my car up this morning. :-p I think the battery just needs a boost.

Anyway, I think the temps are suppose to slowly climb by Monday. Hopefully enough so I can start my car? We'll see.

No comments: