Monday, November 03, 2008

Big Day Tomorrow!

It's a big day tomorrow in the United States. Tomorrow is Election Day. Tomorrow is the day that the citizens to the south exercise their right and duty as a citizen and cast their votes in this presidential election. As for me, I have already sent in my absentee ballot early last week.



This past weekend was a fun weekend. There was Mandy's wedding on Friday. It was a Halloween Wedding. I had never been to one before so I figure it would be fun. And it was. :)
Bride Being Led by her Father
The Bride
Mr & Mrs Hunter
The only downer to the whole thing was the fact that the banquet hall started to kick us out before the bar closed at 1AM. The staff was starting to pick up and put away chairs. We were starting to take down some of the decorations and stuff a little after midnight. I'm not all that familiar with the liquor laws in Ontario, but I can understand when an establishment has to close the bar by 1AM, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone needs to be kicked out by that time too! Anyway, we cleared everything out by about 1:30AM.

The next day I went to visit a friend out in Grimsby. It's about 45 minutes from Oakville in the Niagara wine region. That afternoon we went out to check out some of the wineries in that area. I think we visited 5 wineries. I did tastings at all of the wineries. I think I sampled close to the equivalent of a bottle of wine! :-p Oy. That would explain the headache I had after we got back from visiting the wineries.
DSCN1858.JPG
Angel Gate Winery
Needless to say, I ended up buying a bottle at each of the wineries. Getting the goods home was a feat in itself, but I did managed to transport in my ONE checked luggaged all 5 bottles of wine plus the small bottle of wine from the wedding (a wedding favor). There was also my costume which took up quite a bit of room. I still wonder how I managed it. *touch wood*

Anyway... I was greeted with some flowers when I got home yesterday. It caught me by surprise and I thought it was very sweet! I can't remember the last time anyone gave me flowers. I don't recall my ex giving me any flowers. So yeah, it has been a very long time since anyone got me flowers. It was quite nice. :)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

AWWWWWWWWW flowers! I'm so glad you had a sweet homecoming!

Anonymous said...

More wineries, eh :P

What was your costume for the wedding?

boobookitty said...

@susan It was a medieval gown. You should be able to see it on my flickr account. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohh ok, hadn't been on flickr in ages, nice costume!