Monday, March 14, 2005

Countdown..

In less than two weeks time, we will be on a flight to Tokyo. It will be a slightly longer flight than last as we will be flying ANA out of IAD. Depending on what reference you use, this will be an approximately 14-15 hr flight. I think I might have to invest in a battery pack for the iPod.

I've also been making a few small purchases online. For example, this neat travel wallet from LLBean to hold all those important travel documents. It was only available in powder blue. Also, ordered a watch from LLBean since I don't want my chrome Swatch to set off the metal detectors (which it has at least once).

One of the fun things about preparing for such a long trip is figuring out if there is something you can get to make the trip easier. I like to try to shop for neat new gadgets or clothing, such as wrinkle-proof, quick-drying socks or pants. Or maybe this is just a great excuse to go shopping!

Right now I am also going through this mental phase at work where I know I will be on vacation soon and can't really think about doing much else. It's not really good, so I have to put in more effort to be more productive. I plan to login to work shortly and work on a few things. *sigh* At least I can charge the hours...

No comments: