Sunday, March 06, 2005

It's been a while since my last posting (re: Re-Org). As some things have changed, other things have not. While the overall work has not changed, how things are being handled has. Some of us were afraid of this happening. It's become "us" and "them". It's very unfortunate that it's become this way.

Some people definitely have not changed. A few of us have been on training courses the past couple of weeks. In one instance, G was supposed to be on this one course, but M decided not to have him away for a 2nd week. So, M decided to take the course in place of G. I wonder about the login in that as the material being taught would be lost on M. Why not another person in the section? On top of that, M had just taken another course the week before last. Again, on that course, I wonder how much use M will get out of it. It's the ol' "use it or lose it".

I had also recently lent to P, I's copy of The Office. P really found it funny and was able to associate some real life colleagues with some of the characters from The Office. I know I could! Funny series with a hint if reality thrown in. ;-)

Anyway, it's finally March! Three more weeks before vacation! Woo hoo!! Looking forward to this trip. It's M's fault if my stuff isn't covered properly. I has tried to get someone on board to learn some of my stuff. Unfortunately, V is one of those people who does what is given and nothing more. This is rather frustrating, I find. I don't understand how some people just don't bother to show initiative or some proactivity in what they do at work. Or, am I just doing too much? Honestly, I feel guilty if I don't have anything to do. The occasional down time is good, but I don't like being idle for too long.

Well, tomorrow is yet another Monday to deal with.

In other things, yesterday I had gone out with a few buddies. One of them was recently laid off. We figure it would be nice to get together for lunch and maybe a few drinks.

So we met up at a coffee place downtown. It took us a little while to decide where to grab lunch. We ended up at a food court of a nearby shopping center. At least there was some variety to choose from! There we just chatted a bit about various things.

Afterwards, we decided it was time for some beer! So we headed on over to this brewpub called Brutopia. I think we hung around there for about 3-4 hrs before we decided it was time for some dinner! For dinner we headed over to Weinstein & Gavinos. Not bad.

Overall, we had a good time. It has been a very long time since I had gone out and had a few drinks with friends. A very long time. Must make a mental note to do this again. :)

No comments: