Friday, January 06, 2006

Change of Scenery

Sometimes I get bored with something and require some change. In this case, I decided to change the look of the blog. Of course, silly me, I forgot to copy down some of the extra HTML from the old template to insert into the new one. No matter, I managed to at least re-insert the weather pixie and the counter. Let's see how long before I get tired of this one! ;-)

In other matters, it's Friday! Thank goodness. This past week has been somewhat slow since it seems that a good number of people are still on holiday. I think things will be back to normal on Monday.

I think I need a vacation. Not a terribly long one, but maybe a week off somewhere. I've looked into the cost of a Caribbean vacation, but it's so costly for 1 week of doing next to nothing. Maybe I should look into a different type of destination? Maybe a week in London or something? Something to think about nonetheless.

I've been working a a small project at home recently. I have these movie clips (mpeg) I took when we visited Japan last spring. Since the clips were done in 640x480 resolution, the sharpness really isn't that great. I managed to splice together all the video and audio (after spending some time to figure out how to demux the mpeg files!) using iMovie on the Mac. Then I used iDVD to create a DVD img file that could be burned to disc. I burned the current results of this endeavor into a re-writable disc. On the TV, it's not that bad, but you can see artifacts and a certain amount of pixelation. It's worse on a computer screen. I think, if I have time this weekend, I will see if it's possible to improve the picture quality. If not, then I might just see if I can add extra features and stuff to make the resulting movie more easy to watch! :-)

1 comment:

Orchid Mom in Wisconsin said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hey Bunny!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}} This is Barbara. Is this the Bunny I know from TOD?? Small world, huh?