Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Minority Government (again)

Well, as the polls predicted, the Conservative Party were elected into office. However, since they did not get the majority of seats, they are considered a minority government. The Liberals, I think, will be the official opposition. The Bloc came in 3rd and the NDP 4th.

Overall, I think the Bloc lost a couple of seats. The NDP, on the other hand, managed to gain quite a few more seats since the last Federal election.

OK, so enough politics.

I got my copy of The Rough Guide to London from Amazon.com. I've just started to go through it for ideas on an itinerary. I'm still waiting for the latest edition of Lonely Planet London to be shipped. It looks like they are preparing it for shipping. If I'm lucky I should receive it next week.

We still have not decided on accomodations. I think this needs to be resolved soon to avoid missing the boat on any preferred places.

Ideally, it would be a good idea to put together a list of must-sees and then work from there. Decide what can be done in the time we have. Perhaps save a few as a "Plan B" in the event something happens.

In any case, the research continues...

No comments: