Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday - Update

I must apologize for not having written sooner. It's just been one rather busy week. Busy in the sense that I just didn't have a chance to sit down and write an entry here. So where to start?

I guess I will start where I left off, more or less.

Tuesday: I don't really remember much about Tuesday. I did send an email to a real estate agent about selling my place and making an offer on another. She emailed back and said that we'd meet Wednesday evening. In the afternoon, there was a beer and pizza thing for the department. That was dinner for the day!

Wednesday: Today, we had our group outing. We decided to go curling again this year. Since I had volunteered to be designated driver for 2 of the guys who live near me, we left directly from my place to the curling rink. We curled for 2 hours before making our way to Portovino for the department holiday lunch. As it's happened at past holiday lunches, there were the odd dozen of us who stick around to the bitter end. This year, I think we started to leave around 6:30PM. We all made sure that everything was able to get home one way or another. One of my charges was quite out of it, but we managed to get him into my car and safely home.

That evening, I had my meeting with the agent. We first did the paperwork to list my place for sale. As for the asking price, we agreed that if I wanted it to sell fairly quickly, I should price it close to what similar condos have sold recently. In essence, mine will be priced below most of the other mezzanine condos. Then we wrote up the offer on the townhouse. After doing some thinking, I had decided to go for my ex manager's townhouse instead of the one that required a lot of work. Do I really want the headache of renovation?? Anyway, we discussed price. The agent suggested a starting figure to which I agreed. So the offer was written up. Considering it was getting late in the evening, she'd present the offer the next day.

Thursday: The offer was made and countered. I came home to find the for sale sign on front of the building. Whoah. Things are moving along pretty quickly. The agent came by after work to go over the counter offer. We discussed it. I think it was a fair counter-offer. I toyed with the idea of countering it with something silly, but I decided against it. :) The agent had also mentioned in the email she sent in the afternoon that she's scheduled a viewing for Sunday at 1PM! Apparently a couple was interested in checking out one of her listings. She told them about my place. So now they will get to see my place before the other one! :-o They seem pretty serious about wanting to buy a condo. So I hope all the de-cluttering and stuff will help sway them to make an offer. :)

Right now, my place is a bit of a disaster. Today, I also had to call about the certificate of location. I need to make an appointment for a home inspection. I also needed to get mortgage approval for the house. *sigh* I'm feeling a bit wiped. :p

No comments: