Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Blahs

I don't know what it is about this time of year. Is it because I'm spending it "alone" that I feel kinda "blah"? I just feel kind of bummed out today.

This past week seems to have gone by rather quickly...

Monday, I went into town (Boston) with my brother just to poke around. Incredibly we found on-street, metered parking. The traffic in was not bad at all.

I really didn't have anything I needed to buy. I did end up getting two CDs at Newbury Comics. I checked out a couple of clothing stores, but really didn't see anything that appealed to me. I guess I'm rather fussy about clothing. :p

Tuesday was Christmas. The carnage that was the opening of gifts started upstairs with all the gifts for the twins. I think they got way too many toys. I don't know how my sister deals with all of it. Then the carnage moved downstairs for the adults. My sister got the new iPod nano from me and bro. Bro got a USB turntable from sis and me. I got the Nintendo Wii from sis and bro. Parents got cash. Bro-in-law got some gift cards.

Wednesday was calmer. Bro and I went by the mall just to check out a couple of things plus find me a bag to carry the Wii back in. I didn't want to haul it back in its box. :p That would have been too obvious at Customs. Found one that I liked at the Best Buy. It was black with pink. Got home and chilled before it was time to head out to the airport.

I had MSN'd with a friend earlier and he mentioned that a bunch of them were going out for dinner that evening. He asked if I wanted to join. I figured, why not? While at the airport, he text the directions and tried to confirm attendance. I said I had a couple things to do once I got back. He offered to pick me up at the airport. I said, cool!

I got home, took care of a little "mess" that BS made on the bed and quickly freshened up before heading out to dinner. The restaurant is a Portuguese one out in the east end near St. Leonard. It was meat, meat and more meat, with some seafood thrown in for good measure.

After dinner, we went to Rockaberry for dessert. We had fun talking about some silly stuff. To cap it off, we went to Cafe Milano for a late evening latte. It was a pleasant evening spent with some friends.

Thursday, I didn't do too much. I had physio in the morning, so I had to get up for that. Did some quick grocery shopping afterwards. Threw a load of laundry in. Chilled the rest of the day before deciding to hook up the Wii. I think I played Wii Sports for about an hour that evening. It was fun. :-)

Yesterday, I wanted to head over to the mall. I was chatting with Abe when I mentioned it. He said he was stuck at home with no car. I offered to rescue him and go to the mall. I wanted to check out the Wii games at EB Games. I found a couple: Elebits and Super Mario Galaxy. Abe inquired into the price of the PS3. He called his brother to find out about some technical aspects of it. We walked around the mall some more. I picked up 2 DVDs at HMV. I found a baselayer at Sports Expert. Then Abe decided to go back to EB Games. He ended up buying the 40Gb PS3. Sucka!!! ;-)

Last night, there was a potluck dinner at a couple's place. They don't live too far from me. I decided to keep it simple and get some cheese and crackers. It ended up being 6 of us in all. Not bad. There was enough food for everyone. I told Yan I needed to give her some cooking lessons. After we had some food and talked for a bit, we all played some poker. I've never really played poker before so we played a couple of "dry runs". After that, the real game began. No money was involved, so it was all good. In the end, of the 6 of us, I finished 3rd, which really wasn't bad.

Today, I woke up after 4 hours of sleep. I feel a bit blah. :p I think I'm going out for some sushi tonight with Abe. Maybe a movie later. I dunno...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I got a PS3 for Christmas, and it's awesome. The Wii is super fun too. Do yourself a favor and pick up Rayman's Ravin' Rabbids, and of course Super Smash Brothers when it comes out. ;)