Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007, Hello 2008

I suppose I won't be the only one to write a blog entry on the last day of the year. I guess it's a question of what do people tend to write? I would think that a lot of people will create lists of what was good or bad for the year 2007. Some will probably write some retrospect of the year and what they look forward to in the new year. I guess it's really hard to come up with something more original for the last entry of the year.

I will say that again, this year, I will end it at home on my own. I don't think it's a huge deal. Sometimes it's better to spend some quiet time while others are whooping it up somewhere. I guess I just don't have the energy or motivation to whoop it up. That's not to say I'm depressed or anything. But I won't lie and say that I'm just all peaches and cream about the whole situation.

I have also become more aware about how selfish it is sometimes to think about yourself when there are others who are in worse situations than my own. Knowing this, I think it helps to lessen the impact of whatever I happen to be going through. I guess you could say it's a sort of philosophy I've slowly started to take up. That doesn't mean I will give up all my worldly possessions and go off to work in some third world country. I will, however, lend a hand or ear to those who need it most. I find that it's friends like this that are more valued than anything else. At least, this is what I believe.

Anyway, I think I will Wii my way into the New Year.

So to the handful of regular readers, I wish you all a Happy New Year. :-)

No comments: