Sunday, September 24, 2006

Fall is Here!

Yes, it seems that what summer we had this year is now gone. The weather started out a bit warm and muggy and breezy. As the day wore on, the winds picked up and the skies started to clear. Now the clouds are moving back in and the temps are starting to fall. The geese know that it's time to go.

While I was waiting for the rice for dinner to finish cooking, I took a peek outside. And what did I spy? I spied me a rainbow! I quickly grabbed my camera and took this shot. You can see what I mean about the bad weather clouds moving in...





For dinner, I made fried rice. I hadn't made some in a while and this was a good way to start cleaning out the fridge of some perishables before I left on Friday. This fried rice is made with rice (of course), chinese sausage, half a red pepper, one small onion, 2 scallions, one carrot and 2 eggs scrambled. I season it simply with some ground black pepper, oyster sauce and sriracha chili sauce for an extra kick. :-) Yummmm!

No comments: