Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Jet Lag - Part II

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster in that I hit the proverbial wall yesterday after lunch. Boy did I feel really out of it. I had to struggle to stay awake long enough to leave work around 3PM (got in around 6:30AM). I bumped into a few people on the way out, so in reality I only got out around 3:20. When I got home, I really had to work hard to stay awake. I chatted with people. I tried listening to some music. I tried to read up on TCP/IP protocols. I did my best to keep myself distracted.

Around 5:00, the couch was calling to me. A small nap couldn't hurt! So down I went. Because I was so afraid of really falling asleep, I only manage to nap for about half an hour, which is what I was hoping for anyway. This was just enough to keep me going the rest of the evening.

I managed to cook myself a decent dinner of beef with broccoli and rice. Afterwards, I stayed up until about 11. It took me a while to fall asleep, but I think I managed to by about 1AM. I think I was pretty much out cold until about 5:15AM. I don't even remember turning off the alarm at 5:00, but I must have. It was one of those dreamless sleeps. I think the body just wanted to recover somehow.

Considering that I am trying to adjust from the 13 hour time difference, it will take a few days to come back to this time zone. Ugh! :-p I guess I just need to bolster myself for the day with a few hits of espresso in the morning.

No comments: