Sunday, October 29, 2006

*sniffle* *coughcough*

Well, it seems that I had caught a cold. :-p

Thursday after work, I started to sneeze a lot. Uh-oh. My officemate had been sneezing a lot as well. But then again, a bug has been going around work . However, I caught it, I was determined to get rid of it! I was planning a small party Saturday! So I took a dose of emergen-C.

Friday, I started to sniffle more. Noooo!!! Bad cold! Go away, cold! Begone! I took at least 3 packets of emergen-C during the course of the day. When I got home, I was really starting to feel congested. I took a Sudafed for the congestion and some Tylenol for the accompanying headache. Later in the evening I made a mug of Ho Yan Hor (some sort of Chinese herbal tea). And more emergen-C!

Depending on what shape I was in when I woke up on Saturday that would determine if the party was on or not. I woke up feeling fine but still sniffly. The party was one! So I did some shopping in the morning to buy food and stuff for the party. I picked up a bottle of Cold FX that someone told me about. I head heard about this stuff, but wasn't sure. Again, I was dosing myself with the emergen-C, Sudafed and Tylenol. Now, I was taking some Cold FX. I was throwing everything but the kitchen sink at this cold.

The party went pretty well. I did my best to wash my hands frequently before handling stuff. I really did not want my guests to catch my cold! One guest did sort of start to sniffle before he left. I hope I didn't give it to him! :-o

This morning, I woke up with a bit of a cough. But eventually, the gunkiness of the cough went away, but I still had a slight cough. Today I continue the dosing of the Cold FX, emergen-C and Sudafed. Uh-oh... I'm down to my last Sudafed. I better check the cupboards in case there's another package lying around. :-o

In other news, Finster decided to go hypoglycemic. :-p Well, it might have partially been my fault as well. I didn't give him any insulin at all yesterday because of all the running around I did. This morning, around 9AM, I gave him his 5 units. At about 3:30PM, while he was curled up in the butterfly chair, he started to pee!! Omygosh! When he stopped I picked him up and brought him to the bathroom to clean him up. He was not responding in the way of standing. he just laid there. I brought out the glucometer and checked his blood sugar level. He was down to 1.1!! Not very good. I quickly made a sugar water solution and started to dab that around his mouth and gums. After a few minutes of this, he started to respond better. He still couldn't quite stand up (a bit wobbly), but he was coming around. About an hour later he was able to stand up and walk over to the water dish. Whew! I think I will need to monitor his blood sugar levels for a while in case he's on another honeymoon. I'm also wondering if it isn't because he's lost a bit of weight. When he was at the vet last week, he weighed in at 12.75 pounds. This may be having an impact on his diabetes. We'll see.

So I guess that was pretty much the excitement for today, other than the crappy weather outside...

No comments: