Sunday, October 22, 2006

Of rain, cats and other things

Rain, rain go away, come again another day! That was the theme for Thursday.

So Thursday evening I went out with a couple of friends for sushi. We went to Kanda Sushi bar close to Concordia. For $20, it's pretty much all you can eat sushi. All I can say is that we got our money's worth. After that sushi binge fest, we went over to Hurley's for a pint. V mentioned it was her birthday Monday so we ordered her a Bailey's cheesecake to celebrate! I had a pint and a half and we all listened to the trio performing on stage. They did some Pogue covers. Not bad and very entertaining. :)

Got home around 11:30PM to find a small disaster. Someone had left a mess in the bathroom and the kitchen. After cleaning all of that up, I found that Finster was not behaving normally. After checking him out and observing him, it seems that he wasn't seeing very well. This was not good. :(

Friday morning, I see that Finster had not moved from his spot over night. As a result, he pee'd where he lay. :-p But since I was up and had the lights on, he was able to get up and go about his business. I looked more closely at his eyes. They seem to react to the bright light. I suspect that he was having problems with seeing in the dark. In any case, I called the vet that morning for an appointment.

Of course, it decided that it was going to piss rain that afternoon. I took Finster to the vet after work. The vet pretty much confirmed what I had observed. He thinks that there might be some damage to the retina. This could have been as a result of a hypo episode or something. He said there is the option of having an opthomalogist check him out, but he and I agree that at Finster's advanced age (~15 yrs), it's not worth plunking down that kind of coin just to have tests done. So, hopeing for the bext, he thinks that if it's temporary, then things will heal itself in a couple of weeks.

Later that evening, I noticed that Finster was actually starting to see better in low light. I checked out his pupils and they seem to be opening up more in low light than they were before. This is a very good sign. Today, he seems to be back to his normal self. :-)

However, it seems that Bluesh*t may have gotten a cold or something. Just as Finster was getting better, BS starts to cough a rather nasty sounding cough. It sounds like a phlegmy type of hacking cough, but nothing comes up. I'm going to have to keep an eye on him to see if it improves or gets worse. :-p *sigh* Life with cats.

Yesterday, went out and caught a movie with some friends. We saw Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles starring Ken Takakura. It was a somewhat emotional movie. I enjoyed it. After the movie we went to Bombay Palace for dinner. We went for a la carte instead of the buffet. The food was a bit slow to arrive but when it did it was quite good. :)

Today, a Sunday to catch up on somethings. I'm planning a small party next week, so I figure I should get a head start on the cleaning up. I can't believe how much clutter had accumulated over the past week since I got back! Oh well...

No comments: