Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Much overdue update

Ok.. It's been a few days since I wrote anything. I guess I can't really come up with any real excuse other than sheer laziness. :-p

I didn't strain myself over the weekend other than go to my cardio workout on Saturday. I really needed to do it since I hadn't gone in about a week since my cold. I'm pretty much over my cold. So that's some good news. I think the multi-prong attack of ColdFX, Emergen-C, Sudafed, Tylenol and soup helped shorten the cold's life-span.

On Sunday, I got myself into a little trouble. A friend of mine kinda nudged me into it. I had nothing better to do sometime so I guess some sort of distraction was welcomed. I bought into World of Warcraft. :-p I think I will leave it at that.

To be fair, I have not become an addict yet. I know that there are some things that I need to get done and I will get done. One of these things is to complete the online course that I enrolled in almost a year ago. Of the 4 courses required for this particular certificate, I have only completed one. The second languished for some months but I think I have finally completed it. I've gone ahead and started the 3rd course. Gosh darn it, I will get that certificate in Systems Administration!! Therefore, before I even *think* about logging into WoW, I will work on my online course. I want to put in at least 1-2 hours each night on the course. I will stay the course!

I hope. :)

In 8 days, I will be flying out to San Francisco. I will be hanging out with my friend J who dragged me into the WoW thing. She and I will try to do some of the touristy things around the Bay area. We're also going to go catch Matthew Good at the Cafe du Nord. I think it will be fun. Just how much trouble can two girls get into?

Some people annoy me. Within the company there is another person with a name similar to mine. The difference is that her last name is spelled with an "e" and mine with an "a". This is enough for some people to accidentally email me stuff that was meant for her. Now, I've been the polite and professional sort and have forwarded her any misdirected mail as well as cc'ing the original sender. Usually the sender will reply with an apology. However, not ONCE has my evil Doppleganger replied back with nary a "thank you". Hmph. I believe this person is suppose to be a project manager or something. Well, she hasn't been very professional in replying. Next time, and this was suggested by my director after I told him the story, if I receive any email meant for her I will ask if she's ever received anything meant for me. If I don't get a reply to that, well now, I don't think I'll be forwarding her anything further.

Okay, that was my small rant for the day...

This weekend, my friend M suggested that we go to the Montreal High Lights Festival All-Nighter, la nuit blanche. I think it will be fun. I don't know how far I can make it, but we'll see. :-)

No comments: