Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Eeeeek! Everything is falling apart!

Well, not really. It just seems that way.

After weeks of procrastinating, I finally called someone about getting the dryer vent unblocked. So I called this guy referred to me by this guy who repairs appliances who was referred by the guy who works with the ventilation systems here at work. (I know a guy who knows a guy...) Anyway, I told him what area I lived. When he asked what floor I was on and I said 3rd, he went, "TABAR-NOOSH!". Uh-oh. That did not sound good.

Long story short, he had a job in the neighborhood recently. Where the vent is located outside is very difficult to access. It would require at least a 60' ladder which he doesn't have but would have to rent. Bottom line, it would cost me minimum $250 for the job. *sigh* Well, it has to get done at some point. Also, the weather conditions would have to be such that it would be safe for him as well. Can't blame him there! Anyway, appointment has been set for next Tuesday. If the weather sucks then it will have to wait until after I get back from my trip.

Light bulbs. In the span of a few days, I've had 3 bulbs go out on me. Two of the bulbs were from the same socket. One of the guys at work suspects that Hydro maybe adjusting the power now that it's gotten cooler and people are starting to crank up the heat. :-p

Speaking of heat, I noticed that the digital readout on the convection heater in the back room is a bit funny. It reads FR instead of the temperature. I found a place and called about it. I'd have to remove the unit from the wall and bring it in for them to diagnose. Yay... Now I've got to move the bookcase that is in front of the breaker panel. I've been meaning to relocate this bookcase, but I just never got around to it. So I guess I will be doing that tonight!! :p

Meanwhile, I made the appointment to have my car readied for the winter. I need a new set of winters because the other set has already gone through 7 winters. This will set me back at least $400. *sigh* Thank goodness this week is payday.

Anyway... Still at work. I think I will go home now. :p

No comments: