Monday, November 05, 2007

Fall Back

I guess I forgot to mention that this weekend we had to adjust our clocks. "Fall back" as it were. Some people see it as gaining an extra hour of sleep, which I would tend to agree. I think the con to this would be that come 10:00PM you already want to go to bed.

Speaking of bed, I laundered the bed linen yesterday. I love how the front loader spins a lot of the excess water out of the laundry. I threw the sheets and stuff to wash in the morning. I hung them to dry (I still need to get my dryer issue resolved). By evening, the stuff is all dried. Since the weather has been getting cooler, I figure it was about time to double up the duvet. I had bought at Ikea a few years back this 4-season down duvet. It's essentially 2 duvets of different thickness. There are velcro attachments in six places. When you velcro them together, it becomes this one super warm, soft, fluffy duvet. Ahhhh! I was toasty warm last night! So where the cats. :p

Meanwhile, I'm wondering what to do next. I am seriously considering selling my condo and buying a townhouse that's for sale around the corner from me. The thing with it is that I think this will require some belt tightening. The thought had also crossed my mind about maybe asking the folks for a small loan to help give me the extra boost, but I won't cross that bridge until I have to. It's a huge deal for me, I think, to decide to sell one place to buy another. I know there will be some amount of stress involved. :-p

At the same time, I am wondering about what course I should take next and where. If I want to continue with on the creative side of things, then maybe I should take some other web design related courses at Dawson versus the ContEd courses at Concordia. The courses at Dawson are less expensive and are usually taught by very knowledgeable instructors. The web design program at Concordia is pretty new, so I don't know what the quality of the teaching is like. So I will have to think about that a little bit.

Well, enough musings for a Monday morning... Got some work to do.

No comments: