Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday

The weekend is nearly over. *sigh* Well, that kinda sucks.

Last night I had some friends over for hot pot. It was good. We had fun. Everyone left with their bellies full of hot pot goodness and desserts. Oh, some port made it into some of the bellies as well. I think it's a nice way to start off this cold-weather season. B brought a marbled cheesecake that was quite good and rich. S & M brought these yummy little cookies. S made little cheesecake sandwiches with the coconut wafer cookies and dipped them in the porto. It looked quite good. At the end of it all, there were only a few almond shortbread cookies and a quarter of the cheesecake left.

I think I had 2 glasses of port. The second one must have went straight to my head. By the time everyone was leaving, I could barely keep my eyes open! It would have been quite rude of me as the hostess of this soiree to fall asleep! :-) Anyway, I went to bed after I cleaned up the last bits. Everyone helped to pick up and clear the table. I love my friends for always giving a hand without being asked! :-)

I think I hit my head on the pillow around 11:30-12:00. I was awoken around 5AM by Blueshit who wanted to be fed. After I fed him I went back to bed. At some point my alarm went off at 7:30. I hit snooze and didn't wake up again until about 9:30. Crap. It's a bit late to go to the supermarket. I usually preferred to do my grocery shopping in the morning when it's less crowded. I try to avoid Saturdays if I can help it. However, at some point this afternoon, I felt that I needed to at least pick up a few things. So I went out around 3:30PM.

The trip to the supermarket reminded me why I rarely went for groceries in the afternoon on weekends. It was a true test of patience. People with their carts everywhere, often blocking aisles. You also get those who have no idea where they're going and just stop. The truly annoying people are the ones who see you are trying to pass by but just don't move. I think I need to practice my look of sheer evil for such occasions. *sigh*

I spent most of today working on my Flash. I think I may have finally resolved the snowfall issue of the project assignment. I started work on the 3rd assignment. I think I made some pretty good progress. (^o^)/

I'm taking a bit of a breather now. I just had some dinner. Wasn't much really, just some left over chicken curry. I bought some naan bread to go with it. I'm kinda full now. :-p

No comments: