Thursday, January 17, 2008

Catch up

Okay. This will be my Clif Notes version of the week that was.

Saturday-Sunday: Had a total of 4 visits to the place.
Monday: Quiet
Tuesday: Visit scheduled but client was late.
Wednesday: One visit
Thursday: One Visit
Friday: Offer made by woman who visited Saturday. Counter-offer was made and sent to agent next morning.
Saturday: One visit. The agent tried to get some info out of me about the offer. My counter-offer was countered.
Sunday: Counter to the counter was made and delivered. Buyer requested another visit. After visit, the counter was refused. Why? Because she didn't think her bedroom set would fit. O.o

When she came over to look at the place again she seemed to be fixated on her bedroom set and whether it would fit in either the smaller bedroom or the mezzanine. She had a female relative with her who kept giving her alternatives to doing things. In the end, when my agent called her agent to find out what was happening, she decided not to buy because she didn't think her bedroom set would fit. My agent said that she was not a serious buyer and that she wasted our time with all the negotiations. In her 20 plus years in the real estate business she's never seen this happen.

In any case, I had a visit Tuesday evening and last night. I have another one this evening. The couple from last night seem very interested and might make an appt to come over the weekend with her Dad. I remember they were talking about the possibility of putting up a wall on the mezzanine to make a more closed off bedroom area. Anyway, we'll see!

I have another visit tonight...

No comments: