Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday

Yeah, so I was feeling a bit down last night. I find that I've been getting this way everyone once in a while. It never lasts for more than a day or so. I suspect that I tend to get this way when I start to think about certain things. There's no real logic behind it all. Anyway...

Monday evening, it looks like I've finally sold my condo. It was rather interesting in how it all transpired. Let's see if I can summarize this simply.

  • Visit by prospective buyer A last Wednesday.
  • Offer made by buyer A on Friday but with condition of 2nd visit with father.
  • Delay in answering offer until after 2nd visit scheduled for Sunday.
  • Counter-offer made Sunday soon after 2nd visit.
  • Delay in answering counter-offer until buyer A discussed it with parents.
  • Counter to counter-offer made Monday mid-day. Will wait until after work to accept counter.
  • Hour or so later, call from agent that there is another client interested in property. Very motivied.
  • Visit by buyer B. Does the usual tour. Talks with agent. Discussed with wife.
  • Offer made by buyer B for more than the counter-offer from buyer A.
  • Offer by buyer B accepted. Mortgage approval pending.
So there you have it. I tried to summarize the whole thing as best as possible. Now i have a shopping list of documents and things to do that my agent emailed me. I've managed to locate most of the documents. I still need to get one document from the surveyor which I have to pay for. It seems that when I bought my place they were too lazy to order a certified copy of the certificate of location from the surveyor. Oh well. :-p

Tuesday, I was a bit tired. I was probably still a bit excited over the fact that my place finally sold. In any case, having a cat that wakes you up around 4:45AM does not help either. I will have to either start going to be earlier or try to sleep in more on weekends to catch up. Either way, I think the cloudy days do not help matters much either.

Yesterday was a bit better until I started to feel down in the evening. I had made a crockpot full of chili last night. It was quite tasty. I could have given it a bit more kick if I had remembered to get a small tin of jalapeno peppers. No matter. It was fine the way it was. So now I have lunch and dinner for the next couple of days.

Something that has been getting to me is the fact that I have started to spend a bit more time on Second Life. One thing that I keep reminding myself is to not to let something like SL take over all of my spare time. There are still things that I would like to get done. I have to constantly remind myself that I need to do this or that. So far it hasn't gotten to the point of total addiction or obsession. At least not yet. I hope someone out there who knows me can occasionally keep an eye out. :)

The weekend is quickly approaching. Chinese new year is coming up soon. I'm contemplating making something, but I would definitely need to plan it out a bit. Maybe I'll go to the Hash this Sunday. I haven't gone since the one before New Year's. We'll see.

No comments: