Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year's Day


Well, after being awoken by a certain feline at 5AM demanding to be fed, I went back to bed and didn't get up again until about 11AM. Ooof! Boy! Did I sleep in this time! I think I might have slept too much. I still feel a bit tired. :p

Another year has come and gone. Now is the start of another year. Some people take this as an opportunity to start fresh. To start anew. At times I just see it as another date on the calendar. I guess New Year's Day is more symbolic than anything.

Today I woke up to the sight of more falling snow. The expected accumulation this time around will be 15-20 cm. Oh yay. Yesterday, I had thought about maybe going to a movie, but I really don't know if I'd want to drive through this. It's not that the theatre is that far, but I'm probably just being a bit lazy about it. That and the fact that I don't like the idea of going to a movie alone. It's rather depressing.


Last night I made this yummy udon noodle stir-fry. It's the first time I used fresh udon noodles for such a dish. I had a few things in the fridge to use in the dish as well as the greens I picked up when I bought the noodles. Yummy. This will be added to my repertoire of dishes.

No comments: