Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Food and Travel

Since I've been in Paraguay, I have been dependent on what is available at the nearby eateries for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is a toss up at times.

What I have noticed is that a lot of food tend to be rather salty. At the place where we go for lunch, it's next to impossible to find something that was laden with a lot of salt! On top of that, soft drinks are relatively cheap here. I found that I had been drinking Coke practically every day. This is not good. I think I found myself with minor heart palpatations from the day's intake of salt and caffeine! So today, I figure I'd at least cut out the Coke and drink water instead. As for the food, unless I were able to prepare it myself, I am still at the mercy of the eatery. I'd just have to somehow offset it.

I think I will need to rebalance my diet when I get home.

No comments: