Sunday, June 01, 2008

Matthew Good @ Club Soda Friday Night

DSCN1137.JPG

Friday had finally arrived. I had bounced back and forth the idea of whether I should take the car into town or not. Someone at work had said that it would be crazy because it was Friday night and finding parking would be a pain, not to mention the traffic. I finally decided to not take the car. Good choice because as I walked towards the metro from work I saw bumper to bumper traffic on Decarie.

I got to Club Soda a little before 6PM. I had thought about grabbing a bite to eat, but I figure I'd see what the others were up to first. M and A were already there. They made friends with A and K who were there since 2:30PM. During that time they came across an unusual cast of characters who were probably not so unusual for that part of the neighborhood.
New and Old Friends

Anyway, we got in and went straight for the stage. It wasn't too packed at first, but the place filled up as it got closer to 9PM. At 9, The Spades took to the stage. This trio put on a pretty good show! They showed a lot of energy in their music. I think their style is kinda indie rock. I kinda liked them.

After their set, Lance and crew got to work in getting the stage set for Matt and Co. Needless to say, Matt did not disappoint. For more photos from that night, you can check my Flickr set.

No comments: