Monday, June 23, 2008

Things I miss

It's one thing to go on vacation for a few weeks. It's another when you have to go away for work for a few weeks. I don't know how some of the other guys in the department do it, but after a few weeks, I'm looking forward to going home.

I miss rooting around my kitchen trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I miss chasing my cat to give him his pill. I miss my yard (albeit small, but it's my yard!). I miss my own bed (as I'm sure most people do when they've been away). I miss checking the mailbox to see if anything interesting has arrived. I miss having the cats (just 2) walking all over me at bedtime because they want to get under the covers with me.

The one thing I don't miss is coming home or arriving at the airport with no one there to greet you (the cats do no count). Yeah, I know it sounds depressing, but for me it's a bit sad at times. But anyway, such is life. It's one thing, but it won't bring me down.

No comments: