Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Some thoughts....

Sometimes I wonder if I have ever in my past came across the person destined to be the one I will spend the rest of my life with. I guess you could say a soul mate of sorts. I suppose you could say it would be along the lines of two ships passing in the night. One not fully aware of the other. I wonder if something like that has happened and it's just a matter of time before we knowingly cross paths again.

I guess you could say it's the romantic in me that brings about such thoughts and ideas. It could be that I read too much when I was growing up about romance and such. I don't know. I just read what I found interesting. Sometimes it was just plain fiction. Sometimes it was science fiction or fantasy. Occasionally it was paperback romances (yes, I was not immune to those Harlequin romances back in the day). Over time, what I wanted to read changed. Once in a while I will go through periods when I would read voraciously. Other times, like now, I would hit a dry spell and not be able to pick p a book and read more than a few pages. I really don't know why is that sometimes. Maybe I just don't feel as inspired to read as I have in the past.

Meanwhile....

"How would you like to go to Paraguay??"

"Huh??"

That's how my Monday morning started. It seems that the guy who was supposed to go has not received his visa yet. It might have something to do with the fact that he has a Chinese passport and not a Canadian passport. Since I have a Canadian passport, I should be able to get my visa more quickly. As they need someone down there ASAP, I have been designated as backup if he doesn't get his visa by Friday. On the other hand, this is a very good opportunity for me to gain some more practical hands on experience. So I will know for sure by Friday if I will be flying to Paraguay on Sunday.

Talk about whirlwind travel plans!

No comments: