Friday, June 06, 2008

Paraguay

Yup! It's confirmed. I have my visa. My e-ticket is in the works. I am going to Paraguay. Unfortunately, I will have to depart tomorrow evening. :-| This means there will be an awful lot of running around for me.

The cats. I've confirmed with the vet tech that she will be able to come take care of them as well as give BS his fluids. She'll come by tomorrow morning so I can show her were everything is in the new place.

The house. I plan to leave a set of keys to the place with my ex's parents so they can help pick up the mail and maybe check up on things as well.

Bro. Bro has another copy of the key so that he and his buddy can come back to the house for Sunday night.

Other things I need to do. This time, I am trying to put together a list of things I need to take care of before I leave tomorrow. I need to pick up a prescription today after work before the clinic closes at 5PM. I need to head downtown and get a Father's Day card. I will probably see if there are any decent guides on Paraguay. Maybe I will pick up a small Spanish phrase book. Hopefully I will be able to meet up with bro and his buddy for a beer or something somewhere. Being that it's F1 weekend, finding a place that's not too pack will be a bit of a challenge.

Packing! I think I will need to throw in a load of wash tomorrow morning. I need to get together all my toiletries. I need to decide what to pack clothing-wise and hardware-wise. I will need to keep myself entertained for 4 weeks, so I will have to decide what DVDs and/or books to bring. I think this is a good opportunity to catch up on some reading.

Gaaah! So much to get done!

I think that once I get there I will start to update the travel blog instead (see right hand side for link).

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Ooooo I'm so excited for you!!! I hope you have a great time.

Jessica said...

Me too! I will miss you though!