Thursday, September 04, 2008

Almost the weekend

So I finally got a call from the vet late yesterday about Boo's blood test and exam. His figures are about the same as it was last time, so he's basically stable. No change in meds and diet. However, his mouth needs help. Cleaning, extraction, etc. I know he's got some vicious cat breath happening. I'll probably look into booking an appointment to have this done in the near future.

I feel FAT! :-p After nearly 3 months of travel, diet on the road takes a toll. In any case, I'm trying to rectify the situation by getting back onto a more healthy diet. I've already signed up for the outdoor cardio classes. I am also going to sign up for a yoga class. I need to get back into shape.

Photography. Now that I have my D80 back (well, a new one anyway), I need to get back into taking pictures. I just haven't lately. I need to rehone what skills I had after I had taken that Camera Basics course over a year ago. I'll probably review a few things and techniques. After I feel more comfortable with that, I might look at possible getting a new lens, like a wide angle. I know it won't be cheap, but I don't think I'd get one this year.

I think there's a bunch of things I'd like to do. It's just a matter of getting myself organized now that I'm home again (and hopefully for a while at least). I'd like to organize some of the pictures I have using Aperture. I had bought a book on using Aperture a while ago but hadn't gotten around to actually reading it. I'd like to learn a bit more Japanese. It's an interesting language. I have the books to refresh myself and maybe advance a bit.

Baking. I haven't baked in a while. I might look into making some cookies or something in the near future. Again, this requires some planning and time. :-p

Cooking. I'm trying to get back into the habit of cooking dinner and not relying on any convenience foods or delivery. I still have 3 slices of Domino's pizza, which I might finish off tonight. Last night, I made a soup with noodles, shiitake mushrooms and fried fish balls. Okay, so the broth came from a box, but it works.

Anyway, gotta get back to finishing this report for the last project. Yay...

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Mmmmm that sounds so yummy! Box broth isn't bad, it's just salty. Sometimes shortcuts do us good <3

Anonymous said...

I glad to read that Boo is doing fine and that I haven't completely killed him over the entire summer!