Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday Randomness

I have discovered that I need to brush up on my grilling skills.  I usually left it to the guy on hand to man the grill.  This evening I decided to grill a contre-filet steak for dinner.  I think I let it cook a tad too long.  Then again, it might not have been the best cut to grill.

I happen to peruse the entertainment section of the paper today and noticed that Ani DiFranco will be playing here in November!  Tickets are supposed to go on sale tomorrow at noon.  I went to her website and saw that there was a pre-sale code.  *click* *click* Yay!  I ordered 2 tickets for her show.

I think my cold is kinda going away.  I've been hitting it hard with a barrage of stuff.  I'm not as stuffed up as I was this morning.  Well, actually, the stuffiness seems to come and go.  Bottom line is that I am just glad that I can breathe.

The cats will be costing me a few bucks in the near future.  Both will need to have some dental cleaning done on them soon.  I've booked an appointment to have Jum examined.  From there, I will schedule to have both her and Boo done at the same time.  I suspect that Boo will have to go in earlier because the vet wants to put him on IV fluids 24-48 hours before the procedure due to his condition.  *sigh*

It looks like it will be a rainy weekend.  Since today the weather was still reasonably nice, I went ahead and mowed the lawn.  It was rather over due as it hadn't been mowed in about 2 weeks.  I know.  I'm such a neglectful homeowner. :-p  I noticed a small crack in the brick near the faucet outside.  I think I will need to look for something to seal it up before winter. Actually, I should make a list of things I need to do before winter arrives.

So many things to do and so little time!

No comments: