Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hello Goodbye

Well, I am home again, at least for a little while.

I flew home this past Monday and arrive a little after midnight. The flights themselves weren't bad. However, in Miami, it seemed like there was a game of Musical Gates going on. It's amazing the chain reaction that results when one or more flights are delayed. The gate the flight back to Montreal was originally set for was D33. While sitting there, I noticed that the current flight has been delayed and that the new departure time was 8:30PM. That's around the time our flight was suppose to leave. I ask the gate agent what the story was. She said that our flight was moved to Gate D36. Okay, so we made our way over there. We hung out there for a few before it was somehow announced that our flight has again been moved to another gate, D49. O_o

Anyway, after that, the gate did not change. However, after we all boarded we had to wait because one passenger had not shown up. As a result, that passenger's bags had to be removed and we finally took off a little after 9PM. After landing in Montreal, clearing immigration and getting my luggage, I went straight to the taxi stand. I think I got the surliest taxi driver ever! He literally tossed my bags into the trunk. When I suggested the route to take he said that he thought another route would be faster but it's up to me. Anyway, at least he got me home. :p

What's next? El Salvador! I'll be heading out again next weekend to San Salvador. Three fun-filled weeks in San Salvador. Si, I need to learn some more Spanish. :-p

No comments: