Thursday, July 03, 2008

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

So it looks like I'll be heading off to Honduras next. Now, admittedly, i don't know a while lot about Honduras other than it's located in Central America. I'm not sure what the political situation there other than that it's somewhat stable at the moment. Safety-wise, I think one would have to take the usual precautions as in any other Latin American country, although I did find Asuncion, Paraguay relatively safe.

In any case, I started to Google some info about Honduras and Tegucigalpa, which is the city I think I'll be heading to. I came across this little gem:



Can we say "HOLY CRAP!!". Uhm yeah. That might explain this little article I found. Oy! Well, at least the president there is taking some sort of action. I guess?

I think Honduras is also home to some Mayan ruins. I'll have to look into this some more as it might be an interesting thing to check out on a weekend if the sites are not too far.

Anyway, I don't have a confirmed departure date yet but I suspect that it might be next week.

Oh! And with the time frame for this project I think I will be spending my birthday in Honduras. O.o

No comments: