Friday, August 15, 2008

San Salvador - Friday, 8:15AM and it's 21C (Humidex of 29C)

That's what I woke up to this morning. Although, this morning was a more sunny one. Most mornings here have started out being a bit cloudy and possibly rainy. However, today was nice and sunny.

It's been almost a week since I've arrived here in San Salvador. This first week seemed to have flown by rather quickly. I was eager to get the ball rolling for this project. On the last trip, we weren't able to really start our testing the first week we were there. I was determined to get as far ahead into the game as possible.

So far, we've managed to execute most of the test cases of two interfaces. There are a few other that need to be done, but we have to wait until next for that. That's alright. All of the test cases that we managed to do this week was pretty darn good progress.

Work aside, I haven't really done much else here yet. It's pretty much been get up, go to the office, head to the customer site, come back to the hotel and write up the daily report. By then I'm pretty wiped.

The hotel we're staying at is not bad. It's actually an older building (or not yet remodeled) that's managed by Radisson. We get to use the Radisson facilities, like the pool and gym. Breakfast is in the Radisson hotel restaurant. Overall, it's not bad. I kinda have a view of this big mountain/volcano here in San Salvador. I also have a wonderful lview of the parking lot back here. At least it's somewhat quiet. I can't complain too much. I've been in worse places.

Yeah, I know. This blog entry is kinda boring. I just don't feel too inspired at the moment to write anything more interesting than "Hey! I'm here in El Salvador and it doesn't feel any different than if I were at home". Except, I don't need to do much cleaning. :D

Meanwhile, my dear friend Melissa has written something much more meaningful than me. I'd give her a read if I were you. She's a great artist and a wonderful person. And I miss hanging out with her. In fact, I miss a lot of stuff when I'm on the road. There are some things you take for granted that you don't realize you'd miss until you've been away for a while.

Anyway... :-)

No comments: