Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weather in San Salvador

Okay. To give you an idea, this is what I have to deal with each day. However, most weekdays, I will be sitting in a windowless, super air-conditioned environment for a minimum of 8 hours. And depending on where I am situated in that room, I will most likely need to put on my fleece jacket, complete with company logo (yay, for free company swag!). But think of the stress placed on the body when going from a cold environment and out into a hot and steamy environment. Yeah, not so good. And I will be doing this for another 2 weeks.

So why am I writing this? I guess it was prompted by a post Matthew Good made today about the heat exhaustion he's been experiencing and the fact that the building he lives in is poorly designed when it comes to hot weather. I guess there's a certain amount of perspective to be taken when it comes to dealing with hot weather. I suppose that one could argue that the weather in Vancouver is fairly temperate and that there's no need to be able to open the windows more than a few inches. I just think that's rather silly. I'm sure some people would like to open their windows up just to get some fresh air in. I doubt the 4 inches Matt is able to open is barely enough to even give that on a nice day.

No comments: