Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where has the summer gone????

Needless to say, with the amount of traveling I have been doing for work this summer, I really haven't seen or experienced much of summer back home. Then again, according to some, I really haven't missed much of a summer in Montreal as it's been rather rainy this year. Oh well.

It's now mid-August. Today, I received in my inbox an email from Mountain Equipment Coop introducing their new products for Fall. "FALL?!?!?!" Ack! Summer is not even over yet (although it might as well be in Montreal) and they've already started to market Fall (and Winter) gear! Oy.

Before I left for this trip, I tried to do a little shopping. You'd figure that with summer more than half over there'd be plenty of summer sales. There were, but I think it's also a matter of timing. When I try to find these summer bargains I am left with sizes that are either too big or too small. It's always been like that. I guess that's why sometimes, if there is something I need, I don't really try to wait for sales. If I need something and the shop has it in stock and in my size then I would most likely purchase it. If it's a bit too expensive, then I might shop around for a more reasonably priced equivalent. I'm not *that* fussy about brands. Maybe that's why I like shopping at MEC sometimes. Their house brand stuff is pretty decent and reasonably priced.

Anyway.. I'm not sure what I will be doing the rest of the weekend. Our junior colleague (all of 23 years old) just got back from a night out with some of the local guys from the office. At 9:30AM! I was just starting to have some breakfast. Oh well.

I decided this morning that I would at least try to get some exercise. The gym here seems to be decently equipped. I used to treadmill for about a half hour. With my knees being the way they are, I only did a brisk walk and maybe a short jog in those 30 minutes. I guess because I hadn't had anything to eat yet, I felt a little woozy after getting off the treadmill. I will have to remember to have a little snack or something before I do that again. I might try the elliptical trainer they have next time.

Yeah, so like, it's been that exciting here. :-p At least it's sunny today as well. I might head out and lounge by the pool later.

It's about 10:45AM and the temp is already 28C.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The summer would probably pass faster if you'd post your six quirks like I told you on my blog... ;)