Tuesday, November 26, 2002


Today's Rant
If you drive, then this is a rant for you!

Have you ever noticed that the more expensive the vehicle the bigger the jerk that's behind the wheel? I have noticed that whenever there are jerks making bonehead manoeuvres on the road (i.e., passing on the right on a residential street and blowing stop signs), they almost always seem to be driving some luxury car like a BMW or a Mercedes-Benz. Now why is that? Is it because they can afford such a car that it gives them the license to drive however they want? What I don't think they realize is that doing 80km/hr and blowing every stop sign on a residential street will one day come back to haunt them!

In a discussion on this subject, a colleague made note of another *sshole on his street who just HAD to get somewhere fast. So, in order to do so he sped up and passed a school bus just as it was about to stop for a pick up. And guess what kind of car he drove? Yup! You guessed it. A BMW.

Now, don't get me wrong here. I don't want to say that ALL luxury car drivers are jerks. It's just that so far the ones that I have seen tend to be the more obnoxious drivers. I won't say that I'm a perfect driver, but I certainly won't drive in a way that might endanger others!

In other news
There's not a whole lot else to comment at this point. I could get onto the subject of the problems in the Middle East, but then that would lead into a discussion on politics and religion. And, well, I'm just not in the mood for that right now. It's a bit heavy for aTuesday night.

Shopping
I read an article in today's Gazette about the Christmas shopping season. It made note of the largest mall in the region (Carrefour Laval). It talked about the shoppers and the shopkeepers. It discussed how crazy some shoppers are when it came to finding parking spaces and shopping within the mall in general. I've been to Carrefour Laval before they recently expanded. And even before they expanded, I found it to be a very busy and crowded place. It's a bit too busy and crowded for my tastes. I think that this season, whatever shopping I need to do for this Christmas I will try to get done either downtown or on-line! :)

Indigo.ca
Future Shop

Anyhoo, I don't think I have a whole lot to shop for this season as I do not plan on visiting my folks this year. I've gone down there about 4 times this year, I think they can handle not seeing me this Xmas. On the other hand, it looks like I will be heading in the other direction and visiting the folks of my significant other. I don't think we plan on making it a very expensive Xmas, so shopping shouldn't be that difficult.

New Year's Celebrations
Received some propaganda in the mail today for the development I live in. It's just a small collection of flyers put together by the development. One is a letter wishing us all a happy holiday season. It also mentions the cross-country skiing that is being offered on the golf course and what the "rules" are (basically, check the hours and no night skiing). There's also mention of a skating rink near the clubhouse. Also, there is supposed to be an official lighting of the Christmas tree at the marketplace this coming Sunday. If I don't have anything better to do, maybe I will check it out.

Also in the envelope is a flyer advertising a New Year's Eve party. $150 per person will get you an open bar, dinner and champagne to ring in the New Year. I think that's a bit steep for me. I think I will just go out and get my own bottle of champagne and celebrate the New Year in the comforts of my home and with my loved ones. :)

Cheers!

No comments: