Saturday, April 07, 2007

Assumptions that annoy me

Well, I've sort of started to prowl the dating sites again. However, I really try to limit my time on them as I've found in the past that they can eat up a lot of your time. In any case, I had recently updated my pic and profile on one of the sites. The other day, I received this message.

Date: Apr 06 at 3:38 PM EDT
Subject: opposite of...

what i used too read in asian profiles... readind you, look more western than asian....

i am not critical at all.... i am just observative... i even like...

asian are more pragmatic normally.... and more live to work....


First of all, it pisses me off to no end that just because I'm Asian that I just immigrated here. Secondly, I wish that some people would at least proofread what they wrote. Maybe they've been communicating in broken English too often? :-p Needless to say, I did not bother to reply back to this guy. Plus, it also seems like he's got a thing for Asians.

No comments: