Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Now, I like to check out what's happening in my old home town. This usually means checking out boston.com. Occasionally there's some interesting rumors about the Red Sox or something. Today, I came across a special report that was done recently with regards to the soldiers who've returned from serving in Iraq. It's sad to read about the lack of treatment or help the veterans are getting after they have come back home. This is in light of the fact that their own government is trying to push off a pullout timeline. This same government has allocated millions into this war against terrorism. Did they forget to take care of their own when they come back from fighting? Apparently so, it seems.

And here's another tidbit I found. It's nice to know that there are still people out there who believe that they can make a difference. Now, what really ends up happening down the line, one can only hope. I wish this kid much luck in his future endeavours.

Aside from the political bullshit that we see pretty much on a daily basis now, not much has really been happening on a personal level. I get up, go to work, do my thing, go home, sleep. Repeat as necessary. Today is a rather rainy and dreary day so it increases any already exisiting tedium.

More petfood recalls. I don't know what to do any more. I noticed that IAMS put out a full page ad to declare that none of their dry petfoods contain wheat gluten. I suppose to some degree that is a comfort. My dilemma now is what to feed these guys. There's still a big tin of Prescription Science Diet w/d. Do I let them finish this? Or do I get a bag of some other food instead? *sigh*

I have a weakness. My weakness is shopping. I was having this discussion with a friend of mine. He has his own weakness. His weakness is this need to hit on/pick up every hot chick he sees. The sad thing is that he's relatively successful at it. The other day he told me that he managed to collect 5 phone numbers from different women. I told him he needed help. He's out of control.

No comments: