Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Self-Analysis

To sort of continue something I briefly touched upon yesterday, I find that I am more self-aware of how I am as a person. I feel that I have a better understanding of how I am as well as how I react to things. I'm sure there are still certain aspects of myself that I have yet to figure out, but within time I will realize them.

In some ways, it's rather amusing to be so introspective. Yet, I think that it's good to know these things.

The few of you who read this on a regular basis must think I'm some sort of headcase at times. And I wonder about the same too! But, I think if I really had any major or serious issues, I would probably seek professional help. However, so far, I think I'm doing alright for the most part. Occasionally, I do need to keep myself grounded and wake up to the reality of my environment/surroundings.

That said, I do find that on occasion I probably think a bit too much about things. Thinking is good, don't get me wrong. However, it comes to a point when the thinking becomes a runaway imagination. That's when it becomes bad. When you start to go in that direction, then you start to lose perspective. You start to speculate. You start to go off on different tangents. At some point, the thinking might become more of an obsession. This is not good or healthy. With an obsession, you really start to lose your focus on other things around you. Priorities get shifted. You start to lose control. Emotionally, things may become a runaway train.

Anyway.. I'm not a psychologist or a shrink. However, maybe I should have studied to be one. But as it is, I ended up studying engineering. I'm okay at it, not great. I manage to perform well enough in my job. Am I happy with my job? I suppose it has it moments. As far as my overall satisfaction with what I'm doing is concerned, on a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate my job at about a 6. But keep in mind that I do put my all into my work. I don't ever want to come off looking like a slacker. I put the effort necessary to get things done.

I think I rambled enough for now.

No comments: