Thursday, August 03, 2006

Just Passing Through

I guess these days I have been doing a lot of reflecting upon my life to date. Today, I feel as if I am just passing through this city. It seems that I am way overdue to pick up and move on to some place new. My wanderings started when I was 23. It's been about 15 years since I left home. I've been through a couple of cities along the way. This seems to have been my longest stop.

I guess I wonder at times if I am really the sort to settle down and do the "normal" thing. By normal, I'm talking about settling down with a significant other and starting a family. I guess when I was much younger this might have a been a goal of sorts at the time. However, as I got older and experienced different things, I don't think I am meant to settle down and have a family. I still feel that there is much more out there for me see and do. I guess I am starting to get restless again.

My restlessness may have also been influenced by my current work situation. Don't get me wrong. I think my position is fairly secure. However, on the whole, I don't see too many new mandates coming to this location in the near future. If there is no new growth at this location, then I wonder what will happen down the road. Would there be more layoffs? I don't think I want to be part of that. Anyway, we shall see what happens in the coming months.

No comments: