Saturday, August 26, 2006

*sniffle*

It's been a rather miserable week, healthwise. All this week, I have been battling this cold that I must have caught last Friday (scratchy throat). From there, the congestion started on Monday/Tuesday. I feel better now but the congestion and some of the coughing will take some time to get rid of.

On Tuesday, after I picked up my car from the garage (brake work), I stopped by the supermarket to pick up a few things. I had wanted to buy some fish (usually frozen filets) but didn't see anything I liked. There were, however, some "fresh" tilapia filets. Against my better judgement, I picked up a package of the fish. At home, I dusted the filets with some blackening spice to pan fry them. It was tasty, but within half an hour of consuming the fish, I started to feel a bit ill. My tummy felt like it was on fire and I was just not feeling very good.

I continued to make some banana bread while trying to fight this ill feeling. I tried to quell the fire by having some yogurt and then afterwards some milk. I had also drank some water to perhaps help dilute things. In the end, I tried to manually purge the bad fish. I crawled into bed in a cold sweat. Then I was out for maybe 2 hrs. When I woke up, I felt much better, but my tummy still felt a bit heavy from the meal.

I must remember never to buy "fresh" fish that has been packaged in those styrofoam trays. Evil, evil things...

In other news, my Mac Pro finally showed up on the tracking radar! It looks like it should be delivered on Monday! Woohoo!!!

No comments: