Friday, August 11, 2006

Small Projects


Well, after stuff got moved out, I was left without a place to store the linens and things. I wonder to myself, "How did I manage before?" I guess the answer is that I didn't not have as much stuff as I did before.

So, I was on a quest for a replacement box/trunk/storage thing.

I had been to Finnegan's a few times but hadn't consciously looked for something until recently. On the last trip I found it. Luckily it had a cedar boards lining the bottom of the main compartment of the trunk. The bottom drawer was a bit sticky but I used a tip from a friend to apply candle wax to the sides of the drawer that come in contact with the trunk. It should make things slide more easily. This drawer does not have runners.

Next step is to clean up the outside a bit. Maybe with some Pledge or Endust. I don't think I really want to apply a coat of furniture wax to it.

No comments: