Sunday, February 04, 2007

Another weekend come and gone

Oh where does the time fly?

Saturday, I was pretty busy running a few errands and prepping the place for the evening's dinner. I made sure I had enough for a party of eight. I even picked up some non-alcoholic beverages just in case.

At some point in the afternoon, one couple had to cancel because she was just not feeling good. Without going into details, I can understand. There are some things you just do not have control over.

One of the guys came over early to give me a hand with a few things. We chatted a bit. Then a little after 6, I get a phone call from one of the other invitees. Apparently, she's not feeling very well either after doing a fair amount of running around during the day. Oh well. :-(

So in the end it was just the five of us. This was just fine as there was plenty of food to go around. And as it was 4 guys, they managed to pack away quite a bit. I still had plenty of leftovers though. I'll just have to do some stir-fry with it tomorrow.

After eating, we had dessert which one of the guys brought. We had some ice wine with it. Afterwards, I popped open a bottle of muscat. All told, we polished off 5 bottles of wine.

Around 11, 2 of the guys had to leave. The rest of us watched Shaun of the Dead. After the movie, A started his car remotely then soon left. I almost expected M to leave when A did but he didn't. He hung around a bit longer. We chatted about different things. Then around 3AM, M hit the road as well. I really didn't expect M to hang around like he did. But I really didn't mind. ;-)

So I was off to bed soon after M left. I think I slept pretty soundly. I might have woken up a couple of times, but managed to fall back asleep. I think I finally got up at about 11AM this morning. I wasn't in the mood to go buy groceries and I was up a bit too late for the Hash. So I did some cleaning up, started on some laundry and dove into my XML assignment. I think I managed to put a good dent into the XML assignment. I'm not looking forward to the C++ assignment which has yet to take off. :-p

Anyway, another Monday is coming...

No comments: