Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunday soon becomes Monday

I don't know why I do it. For some reason, I have this innate sense of responsibility towards the work that I do. Again, this morning, I spent some time on the problem that I had tackled last night. I thought that if I approached it with another strategy that it might work. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I only worked on it long enough this morning to know that I was going to get the same results. After that, I went out for some groceries.

After lunch, I had the intention of reading up on some C++. However, I didn't get very far with that. I knew that I wanted to get out and take some photos as part of my camera class assignment. Towards 3:00PM I headed out.

I wanted to swing by the nearby park to take a few picks. I figure there should be something going on there. As I neared the park, I noticed some movement by one of the recreation buildings. It looks like they've installed an outdoor rink. Hooray! So I made my way over there and found a small group of guys playing pick-up hockey. There were also a couple of smaller kids skating around too.

One thing I learned: Do not wear glasses that darken outdoors. It made it difficult for me to see the readings in my camera. I had also forgotten that I had the white balance set to incandescent light. As a result, the first dozen or so shots had a blue tinge to them. It did make for an interesting affect! Anyway, after hanging around by the rink, I decided to get moving as my hands were getting cold (mental note: invest in fingerless gloves). I headed over to the DVD rental place to see if they had Farscape. They didn't. :-p But I did leave it as a recommendation to the clerk there. Let's see if they come up with something.

Once I got home, I noticed that a colleague from work who is currently in Mexico had IM'd me/ I sort of forgot that he said he would try to look into one of the problems I had yesterday. So this distracted me from doing anything else. I did manage to prepare dinner (chicken madras (courtesy of Patak's curry paste) with basmati rice). Colleague was not able to fix problem but sort of had an idea of what the problem is. I guess I will have to submit a trouble ticket in the morning for it.

Otherwise, it's been a semi-productive weekend. I just hope I can charge the hours!!

Monday: What to wear? Hmmm..

No comments: