Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Day of little significance

Somehow, today has lost all meaning for me. Perhaps it's because any special significance of it has been down-played by those I've been with. And why is that? One excuse would be that today is nothing more than a money-grab for merchants selling their wares designed specifically for today. Whatever the case may be, I used to feel that today is a special day to further reinforce/display/reaffirm your feelings for that one special person. That special person who, in the end, turns out not to be so special.

I guess you could say that after having been burned in the past, that today has very little special meaning for me. I can't even recall anything very special happening in recent years. It's rather sad, but it's the truth. If your other half downplays the original significance of this date, then you might have to ask yourself why. What is the justification in not celebrating the spirit of this date?

I suppose I could go on, but I might come off as being bitter. To some degree I am, but not entirely so.

In catching up on some regular blog reading, this seems to express quite a bit on the subject of love... I wish I could better express such things.

In the meantime, today is like any other day. It's starting to snow heavily this morning. At first I was hoping to work from home but realized I left the power adaptor for my laptop at work. Drats! Oh well. I suspect those who can will work from home. It will probably be rather quiet here at work today. I will probably skip the camera class tonight as I don't want to attempt to drive home late in the evening if it's still snowing. :-p

Happy Wednesday.

No comments: