Friday, June 15, 2007

Another week, another dollar

I don't know how I managed to get through the day, but I did it. It wasn't horrendously busy today, but I guess there were a few things I managed to accomplish.

One thing that I recently had issues with was my laptop at work just randomly rebooting. It had happened 3 times. It seems that it may be partly due to the fact that the laptop's 40GB HD had barely 2GB free! Uhm... So yesterday and today, I took some time to go through many directories and purged what was not needed.

I am such a packrat. I found that I had stuff sitting around for more than a few years. When was the last time I needed it? Is it still useful? No? DELETE. However, even after all that, I only freed up a gig. Then I went into the iTunes folder and killed off everything but the Matthew Good stuff. That freed up a few more gigs.

I tackled my archive folder in Outlook. I had at least 2 Personal Folders located on the HD. So I went into Outlook and purged mail folders that I did not need any more. Sadly, I had email folders older than a few years! This freed up quite a bit more space as some of the emails purged has huge attachments in some cases. Yay! I have approximately 12GB free now! Let's see if this is enough to make the laptop slightly more stable.

That's more or less my exciting day at work.

Meanwhile, the self-imposed ban on that website continues. I have not logged into that site at all today. Yay! Let the ban continue for a while longer...

No comments: